Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Getting down at CityFest

The sheer variety of things I've manage to squeeze in outside of work this summer is pretty amazing when I stop to think about it. Maybe I'll stop to write about it at some point. In the meantime I'm going to post this video I took at CityFest in the New Center on the 4th of July.

I just happened upon the end of a set at the main stage by this pop gospel boy band group called 21:03. They are from Detroit and they were Grammy nominated in the Gospel category this year and it turns out they are a great show. I know there is the whole "religion" thing in the music and they probably have some antipathy toward the homosexualists, but this song really is pretty fantastic and I felt proud that they were hometown boys.

That one part sounds like me walking through a gay bar: "I made it with you, I made it with you, I made it with you ..."


They were so fantastic live, in fact, that the crowd could not help but get into the song. Especially this guy. Believe it or not, the best of his dancing ended before I started filming..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...