Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Try This

I've been sniffing around blog widgets to see if they are actually enhancements or just another disappointment like Enzyte (hey! what!). One I thought was kind of cool is this thing called Snap, which gives you little snapshot previews of links to webpages, Wikipedia entries, YouTube videos, etc. You get the preview by rolling your mouse cursor over the little Snap icon next to the link.


"This one gets the Zorro snap!"

I'm not 100% sold on the whole thing - visually it's a little distracting and I hate the advertising links that appear below the image (although I have them set to show charities). And does it slow things down? The up-side is that it's kind of cool and you don't have to take time to navigate to external links.

Let me know what you think, if I should keep it or ditch it. Feedback is essential here peoples. If you end up hating it while it's still on the site you can disable it by going to the little gear box inside the Snap window and turning it off.

Questions? Comments? Criticisms?
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

get rid of it. you're perfect the way you are baby girl.

D-Tales said...

Agreed! Why clutter when you can just flutter, Supergay? ;-)

SRSLY--too much.

Oh, and...you need a new vehicle. One that doesn't scream "STEAL ME!" But I am sorry that you had to deal with that, AGAIN. Um, welcome home?

Raoul Duke said...

say no to snap! Love to blog though.

Woodwards Friend said...

I guess I'm the only dickbag who likes it. In fact I just called my web developer to see if we could add this feature to detroitist's next design refinement.

Supergay Detroit said...

OK, I see we have reservations ... but I think I am going to leave it up for a week or two and then have you reassess.

The deal is, I know exactly how many of you are clicking on links, which isn't many, and I don't put them there for my health. I put them there so you can bloom and grow, like edelweiss.

I think Snap makes it easier to get the quick skinny on the link without having to open a whole new page, which is helpful, no?

Well, I'll check back and see if we are tired of it a bit later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...