Monday, September 8, 2008

Love me

Someone tried to steal my car again the first full day I was back in Detroit from SF, so that was really, um, bracing.

While I was gone I was telling friends about the things I missed about Detroit and how I was having a great time but was looking forward to getting back, but just before I left I remembered that every time I come back from a great trip something happens within the first 24 hours to remind me that I am Detroit's bitch. Getting called faggot by a Tiger fan fifteen minutes after returning from the Chicago Gay Games opening ceremonies was the first time, but since then there's been the smack in the face of Greektown ugliness while walking to work in January because my car is still in the shop from the most recent auto trauma, some work bullshit that is totally tied to the particular quirks of our very evolved regional population that I can't really go into ... or this. You know, for example. It's always something.

I think a lot of people who move away fall into this trap - you remember the great neighborhoods and architecture and people and the really special places like Belle Isle or the Detroit Institute of Arts and the great events like Dally in the Alley or the Electronic Music Festival, but you forget that sometimes livng here can be a big mouthful of feces.

I felt good for about a minute when Kwame resigned, but now I'm more worried about
Monica Conyers and her ghetto ass being President of the City Council. I mean, she really is pure trash, about the worst we have to dish up as far as image and behavior go. I don't know why John Conyers keeps her around, he is a high-ranking Congressman, he could have anyone. She must be one freaky lay. So anyway, this led to looking at pictures of Kwame on the Detroit News website today and reminiscing about the good times. My civic self-esteem is in the gutter.

Well, enough Monday Moanin'. This is really just a roundabout way of saying I am not above playing the sympathy card to get you to
vote for me in the Metro Times Best of Detroit reader's poll.

This overly-fabulous Kylie video below is serving as my official campaign song. It sends a positive but nearly subliminal message - plus it helps cheer you up when it all just seems too much.

So come on, love me! Vote the Supergay Slate today!

.

5 comments:

Ed said...

Perhaps a little drag (and memories of SF) will get your mood up again! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSisCkkPSL4

Woodwards Friend said...

I VOTED! I hope Supergay sends me a coffee mug like that Marvin Crawford guy.

Supergay Detroit said...

Well, no free mugs, but if I win maybe I will have a special Doggy Style at the Park Bar and buy everyone a drink!

Anonymous said...

Well, I've heard that John Conyers himself is a homo, so perhaps a crazy beard is more entertaining than a normal one. At least having Monica as your wife would divert attention away from his alleged proclivities and focus it on her. -MMF.

Supergay Detroit said...

JC on the down low! Escandalo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...